Is there equality in the way we communicate?
Exploring how gender influences affect the way we communicate physics

21 June 2013, Institute of Physics, London

Positive approaches to issues of gender and inclusion have become well-established in many areas of life over the past decade, but for busy physics communicators it can sometimes be difficult to keep right up-to-date with the many different initiatives and areas of progress.

This meeting brings together speakers from many different areas to share their experience and insights in getting positive results for gender inclusion. You'll hear about a wide range of excellent work being done to address the known issues about female representation in physics.

Refresh your knowledge of positive approaches to gender inclusion in physics, challenge your own practice and viewpoints, and get top tips and new ideas to keep your physics communication inclusive and accessible.

Organised by the IOP Physics Communicators Group and the IOP Women in Physics Group

Registration and further info: http://bit.ly/128MXve

£20 IOP members/£45 non-members including lunch and afternoon refreshments.

This meeting is being held in conjunction with a workshop hosted by the Women in Physics Group

Women in Physics Group Careers Development Workshop
"Communicating for Career Advancement" - or how to be happy talking about yourself
Institute of Physics Friday June 21st from 10.30 - 12.30

Today's careers in physics expect us to 'get out there' and sell our ideas or expect us to 'engage the public with research' to enhance the impact of our research.

This workshop will explore the barriers women often experience in being able to make a 'splash' and how, as women, we can overcome any reticence to promote ourselves and our work for the benefit of our careers. Through this workshop you will be supported to 'find your own voice' so that you are comfortable to engage with a range of audiences to influence, impress or persuade.

Attendance at this workshop incurs a separate fee of £20 for IOP members and £45 for non-members. This fee is inclusive of morning refreshments.

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)
• Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com