Some of you know I am working on a page of the Andy Holt Virtual Library, which will present around 80 manuscript facsimiles of medieval English-language Bibles.

I already know that whole vulgate Bibles were scarce in medieval England. I am curious about the general literacy rate and its dynamics through the Middle Ages in England. Because of this, I am curious about the envisioned readership of all medieval translations in England during those centuries. Is there a very accessible and reliable resource for this.

TennesseeBob Peckham (busker & song writer)