Dear Bao Kie and Katja,

My students also felt the male voice was very strange and difficult to understand. Having listened to the CD myself I do think the voice was not natural and very over the top, unlike the female voice, which was natural sounding.

Jenny

From: Katja Ting <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, 24 May 2013, 0:16
Subject: Re: GCSE Listening paper (higher tier)

Dear Bao kie,

Thank you for raising this point. I have received the same comments from my students and I am interested to hear from other teachers as well.

Regards,

Katja Ting
Principal
Hua Hsia Chinese School
07850 048597

On 23 May 2013, at 23:36, "Bao Kie Taylor" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear all

Just wondering if any of your pupils have found the male voice on the recording difficult to understand?  My pupils commented that it was as if he was putting on a 'character' voice.  After listening to the CD, I must admit that unlike the female's voice which was pleasant and natural, his did sound vey 'put on' .  I very much welcome your feedback.

Regards

Bao Kie