Dear Colleagues

Please see the latest draft programme attached for the 10th Annual Chinese Conference which is taking place on the 17th and 18th of May 2013. We like to keep you updated with the latest version.

I know that lots of you have already booked a place, but there are only two weeks to go until the event,  so for anyone who hasn't,  we advise that you book your place as soon as possible. For more information or to book your place please see the e-flyer below.

This year’s programme is as thought provoking as ever and I hope that you can attend to help us celebrate in our 10th year and to discuss the exciting new programme of events the IOE Confucius Institute for Schools is  planning going forward.

We look forward to seeing there. Have a good weekend.

Best Regards

Katharine Carruthers

[http://i.dmtrk.net/cmpimg/2013/77016/imagecache/2452066/w320_2956849_ioelogo.jpg]

[http://i.dmtrk.net/cmpimg/t/s.gif]

[http://i.dmtrk.net/cmpimg/t/s.gif]

Only two weeks to go. Book your place now!

[http://i.dmtrk.net/cmpimg/t/s.gif]

10th Annual Chinese Conference 2013
Securing Excellence: Reaching for a Global Perspective with Mandarin Chinese

[http://i.dmtrk.net/cmpimg/t/s.gif]

[http://i.dmtrk.net/cmpimg/t/s.gif]

[http://i.dmtrk.net/cmpimg/t/s.gif]

17 & 18 May 2013

Join us this May for the 10th Annual Chinese Teaching Conference of the Confucius Institute for Schools.

Who is this for?
All staff involved or interested in the study of Chinese and about China in schools: primary and secondary teachers, student teachers, classroom assistants, heads of department, school leaders, headteachers, academy executives, governors and local authority advisers.

What is included?
The Annual Chinese Teaching Conference provides unmissable CPD for teachers of Mandarin and their colleagues, and is an excellent starting point for schools looking to introduce Chinese in their curriculum or develop their existing provision.
Both days offer:

 *   CPD workshops
 *   Exhibition of current teaching materials and resources
 *   Keynote speeches from national experts
 *   Lively student performances
 *   Networking opportunities
 *   Lunch and refreshments
This year’s workshop strands are: (i) What makes great teaching? (ii) What makes great learning? (iii) Curriculum and transitions, and (iv) Partnerships and sustainability. Additional programme information is available on our website<http://dmtrk.net/t/1NFC-1GK0Y-90RICP-KW1H3-1/c.aspx>.

How much will it cost?
Delegate prices have been frozen and remain the same as last year. Pay £260 to attend both days or £135 to attend one day. Reduced rates are available for part-time and student teachers.

Please invite any colleagues who may be interested. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Delegates are advised to book now to avoid disappointment.

[http://i.dmtrk.net/cmpimg/t/s.gif]

[http://i.dmtrk.net/cmpimg/2013/77016/imagecache/2452066/w320_3182358_graphicconflr.jpg]

[http://i.dmtrk.net/cmpimg/t/s.gif]

[http://i.dmtrk.net/cmpimg/t/s.gif]

[http://i.dmtrk.net/cmpimg/t/s.gif]

Exhibition packages are also available for publishers, awarding bodies and others.  This is an opportunity to hold a stall in our conference exhibition<http://dmtrk.net/t/1NFC-1GK0Y-90RICP-KW1H4-1/c.aspx> of current teaching materials and resources.

For further information please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or visit our website<http://dmtrk.net/t/1NFC-1GK0Y-90RICP-KW1H3-1/c.aspx>.

[http://i.dmtrk.net/cmpimg/t/s.gif]

Book
your