Good morning,

Is anyone using IE8 having problems (internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close) accessing HDAS, Myjournals or ebooks this morning? This happens immediately we would be entering our athens login details. Or if we have already logged in to athens then as soon as we try to access the resource. We have no problems accessing other athens resources either via myathens or direct.  Also the link from the journals and databses page to Cochrane which of course doesnt need an athens login works fine. We have only had one change made locally that I am aware of and that only applied to two PCs but the problem is occurring on others. I have contacted contact us but have had no answer.

Before I engage in the difficult process of getting our IT department to even acknowledge that I am trying to contact them I would like to be fully armed with the knwoledge of whether anyone else has a problem. No local libraries have indicated that they have.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Janet

Janet Reynolds

Librarian

Watford General Hospital

Vicarage Rd

Watford

WD18 0HB

Tel:01923 217437

Fax: 01923 217909

West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust is applying to become a Foundation Trust and you can be part of this exciting change.  Become a Member, Make a Difference! email: [log in to unmask], or visit our website:

The information contained in this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed. If you are not the intended recipient please accept my apologies. Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.

For further information on West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust visit our website