I want to thank all those, from both lists, who responded to my plea for
help on finding a detailed list of purine levels in food.  Most resources
provided a cursory overview. The most detailed list is this one
http://www.acumedico.com/purine.htm <http://www.acumedico.com/purine.htm>
(but some items such as muscle [only] in beef are somewhat academic! Who
eats only muscle? I'm uncertain as to the authority of the compiler and have
a friend looking into this for me in Israel. It is a subsection of an
acupuncturist's website!

At the end of the detail list is a transcript from this now out of print
book GOUT by Prof. R. Grahame, Dr. A. Simmonds and Dr. E. Carrey. I checked
out the first author who is/was based at UCH London which gave me some
reassurance! I'd previously bought what I now believe to be a quack book. So
I located a copy of this book 2nd hand and reckon it has the most sensible
approach, whilst answering many FAQs that I have found.

I wanted to share this with you in case it's a question any one of you needs
to answer again!

Many thanks
Hazel Dakers