(Apologies for cross posting)
LIKE Idea 2013 Conference - From Big Data to Little Apps: How you can access, present and deliver information in the workplace.
Tired of hearing BIG talk about data? Want to cut through the hyperbole and learn something useful about using and managing your organisation's data?
Join us for LIKE Ideas<http://www.likenews.org.uk/likeideas2013.html> - a practical, informative and enjoyable knowledge-sharing event. You'll hear from expert practitioners who, like you, are interested in down-to-earth solutions to real-life information management issues.
When: Friday 28 June 2013, 14.00-18.00 (registration from 13.30)
Where: St Bride Foundation, 14 Bride Lane, Fleet Street, London EC4Y 8EQ
Speakers

 *   Dom Pollard, Editor, Big Data Insight Group
Dom will put big data in its place for us - explaining what it means for UK organisations, and what many are doing to explore and exploit the opportunities it presents.
www.thebigdatainsightgroup.com<http://www.thebigdatainsightgroup.com>

 *   Iain Simpson, Consultant, Norton Rose Group and We Are Maverick Ltd
Iain will give us the view from inside the organisation: championing the value of big data and the rewards of thinking BIG.
View Iain's profile on LinkedIn<http://uk.linkedin.com/in/iainsimpson>

 *   Data Visualisation
This talk will show us how Info Graphics can bring complex information to life. A picture is worth a thousand words (or gigabytes) - and it looks great too!

 *   Manny Cohen - Chairman-RM. Innovator & futurologist
Manny's vision and drive produced the world's first credit report application. Manny will tell us how he managed to get Information on more than 200million businesses around the world delivered to your mobile.
View Manny's profile on LinkedIn<http://www.likenews.org.uk/uk.linkedin.com/pub/manny-cohen/9/298/363>

 *   You!
We are, after all, the London Information and Knowledge Exchange. So we'll take the opportunity of broadening our learning by asking conference attendees to share their experiences and advice on accessing, presenting and delivering information on the workplace.
There are lots of facts and figures thrown around about big data. Here's one: we currently have nearly 2 zettabytes of data in the world<http://www.govtech.com/newsletters/Question-of-the-Day-for-063011.html> - this could fill enough iPads to build a 20 foot high wall around South America.
Data that BIG can't be ignored by information professionals - but it can be dealt with. Join us to break down the wall of jargon and cut big data down to size.