Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: HCLU

HCLU Bulletin*

Issue 42

Training and Development

a.       LIHNN/HCLU Briefing – Bookings Now Open

b.      LIHNN Library Assistant Study Days – Bookings Now Open

c.       Portfolios and Dissertations for Staff Library

d.      Patient Information - opportunity to attend workshop in Taunton

Cilip

a.       CILIP Rebrand Survey

b.      CILIP PPRG Marketing Excellence Seminar - call for speakers

NHS England

a.       15 Academic Health Science Networks approved - 2 in the North West

Resources

a.       Latest HDAS Bug Fixes

b.      Reading Well Launch

Newsletters, Briefings, Reports, Articles and Guidance

a.       NHS Workforce Bulletin issue 367

b.      Mind Tools Newsletter 287

c.       HILJ: Patient Information Comes of Age - A Special Virtual Issue available online

d.      Race Equality Foundation’s latest newsletter

e.      Above the Fold - V6 n18

f.        EHealth Insider Issue 583

g.       AQuA Bulletin - Issues 58 now available

h.      AQuA portal updates, 28 May 2013

Forthcoming Meetings and Events

Training and Development

LIHNN/HCLU Briefing – Bookings Now Open: Bookings are now open for the LIHNN/HCLU briefing. Lunch is provided.

LIHNN/HCLU Briefing

Whiston Hospital

10.15 (registration open from 09.30) – 13.30

Directions: http://www.sthk.nhs.uk/pages/ContactAndFind.aspx

Book a place: http://lihnn.whisinternet.org/new/Events_Calendar/preview_event.aspx?id=404

Draft Programme

09.30

Registration & Refreshments

10.15

Introduction and Welcome - David Stewart, Director of Health Libraries NW

10.25

Health Education NW: Key Challenges & Opportunities - Laura Roberts, Managing Director, Health Education NW

11.10

Break

11.30

TBC

12.00

LIHNN Committee and Groups: Reports - Stephen Edwards, LIHNN Chair

12.15

HCLU Update - David Stewart, Director of Health Libraries NW

12.30

Lunch & Close

LIHNN Library Assistant Study Days – Bookings Now Open: Bookings are now open for the forthcoming Library Assistant Study days. All 3 days will cover the same topics. The morning session will be run by Victoria Treadway and will look at searching. The afternoon is on Social Media and will be run by Lisa Jeskins. The exact content for the days is still being finalised. Drinks and lunch will be provided.

Thursday 27 June 2013

Library Assistant Study Day

Time: 10.00 - 16.00

Venue: Kostoris Library, The Christie, Manchester

Directions: http://www.christie.nhs.uk/the-foundation-trust/visiting-the-christie.aspx

Maximum number of bookings: There are 8 PCs but if anyone of you would be happy to pair up with someone else on the day please let me know on the booking form under “Any other requirements - please detail below”

Book a place: http://lihnn.whisinternet.org/new/Events_Calendar/preview_event.aspx?id=434

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Library Assistant Study Day

Time: 10.00 - 16.00

Venue: Library, Cumberland Infirmary

Directions: http://www.ncuh.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/getting-here/cumberland-infirmary.aspx

Maximum number of bookings: 10

Book a place: http://lihnn.whisinternet.org/new/Events_Calendar/preview_event.aspx?id=435

Portfolios and Dissertations for Staff Library: We are keen to build up a collection of Cilip portfolios (all qualifications) and dissertations from library courses in the staff library. If you are willing to donate a portfolio or dissertation to the library please contact Joanne Shawcross

Patient Information - opportunity to attend workshop in Taunton: You are invited to a Patient Information Workshop in SW England, which follows the model successfully delivered in Birmingham and York.

Date: Wednesday 26th June 2013 | Time: 09.45 – 15.30 hrs  | Place: Taunton, South West House  | Coffees, teas and lunch provided

Aimed primarily but not solely for Library Managers, you are very welcome to attend.  Please use this link for the booking form:

http://workforce.southwest.nhs.uk/libraries/continuing-professional-development-cpd/

The programme is designed to complement the SHaLL Consumer Health Information Conference on 5th June. A broad-brush programme (attached) of short sessions will offer various perspectives and backgrounds including contributions from a GP and a patient.

We’re inviting participants to submit one PowerPoint slide featuring any angle of patient/consumer health information activities that you do or are planning. Please send your slide to me and I’ll combine them into a slideshow to feature during registration and lunch.

I look forward to meeting you at this event,

Kind regards

Helen Wharam

Library & Information Services Manager

Library & Information Services, Trust Library, Torbay Hospital, Lawes Bridge, Torquay, TQ2 7AA

Tel: 01803 656701

Back to Contents

Cilip

CILIP Rebrand Survey: www.surveymonkey.com/s/ciliprebrandsurvey

CILIP PPRG Marketing Excellence Seminar - call for speakers: Have you recently run a marketing campaign to improve usage of your library service or the way in which your services are used? If so, would you like to tell a gathering of interested people about it?

CILIP's Publicity and Public Relations Group (PPRG) is committed to promoting excellence in library marketing and publicity. Each year we invite a selection of lively speakers to share their wisdom, advice and best practice at our annual seminar, when we will also present our annual Marketing Excellence Awards. You do not need to be contending for an award to make a presentation. We welcome speakers from all types of libraries, including public, academic, commercial or government.

The theme of this year's seminar will be Targeted Marketing Strategies That Work Friday 8 November 2013, Birmingham) and we're looking for speakers who have experience of either successfully marketing a particular aspect of their service or engaging a specific customer group.
We would like to hear:
1.       What strategies did you adopt?
2.       How did you plan your campaign and who did you involve?
3.       What did you learn (good and bad!)?
4.       How did you measure how well you met your objectives?
5.       What top tips you would share with others who may be starting to plan something similar?

If you would be interested in speaking, or would like to suggest someone else, please send us your ideas to [log in to unmask]. Please include your contact details and a short description of your topic. The deadline for submissions is Friday 7 June. You can also visit our website at http://www.cilip.org.uk/pprg for more details about the group.

Back to Contents

NHS England

15 Academic Health Science Networks approved - 2 in the North West: http://www.england.nhs.uk/2013/05/23/acc-health-sci-ntwrk/

Back to Contents

Resources

Latest HDAS Bug Fixes: The following have been fixed and tested by the SHaLL Test and Review Group to make sure they are ok.

·         Mingle 3832 – Pubmed links issue

·         Mingle 2198 – Selected database changing mid search on HDAS (The instance where the user uses the browser    back button)

·         Mingle 3402 – Correcting redirects from HDAS to NHS Evidence

·         Mingle 3179 – Ensure that print holding full text links open in a new browser window/tab

We also have a partial fix for Mingle 3689 – this was where there was a problem in adding articles to the clipboard from the record detail pages within HDAS. This issue has been resolved for all searches which don’t contain quotes but work is on-going for searches that do include quotes. David Stewart, CCDG Chair

Reading Well Launch: For information – see attached invite and flyer

Back to Contents

Newsletters, Briefings, Reports, Articles and Guidance

NHS Workforce Bulletin issue 367:

http://nhs-employers.org/oi_nhsconfedlz/lz.aspx?p1=054547S9632&CC=&p=0&cID=0&cValue=1

Mind Tools Newsletter 287: What's Your Online Reputation? http://www.mindtools.com/pages/Newsletters/21May13.htm

HILJ: Patient Information Comes of Age - A Special Virtual Issue available online: http://dmmsclick.wileyeurope.com/view.asp?m=vz4rur03tubwvo101y6e&u=20929422&f=h

Race Equality Foundation’s latest newsletter: Issue 6, May 2013 - http://eepurl.com/zy-f9

Above the Fold - V6 n18: Upending market research, learning versus training, priming social psychology

http://visit.oclc.org/dm?id=FAE774BE490F0013B1F1119FF49C632CB99A427DD10DD538

EHealth Insider Issue 583: http://mail.ehi.co.uk/q/1oSs1gko4DS7O/wv

AQuA Bulletin - Issues 58 now available: Issue: 58 of the AQuA Bulletin is now exclusively available on the AQuA Portal (click here to log on and download).

AQuA portal updates, 28 May 2013: See attached

Back to Contents

Forthcoming Meetings and Events

http://www.lihnn.nhs.uk/events_calendar/

Date

Event

SHaLL Staff Development Group, London

Library Assistant Study Day – Cheshire/Merseyside

http://lihnn.whisinternet.org/new/Events_Calendar/preview_event.aspx?id=433

SHaLL Consumer Health Information Group Conference, London

http://londondeanery.intrabench.com/?showBookEvent1&EVENTID=5280&TID=40

LIHNN CPD Group meeting, Salford

LIHNN Clinical Librarians and Trainers Group meeting, Wigan

The Indispensable Healthcare Library, Liverpool – Fully booked please e-mail Andrea Guest ([log in to unmask]) to go on the waiting list

SHaLL meeting, London

LIHNN/HCLU Briefing, Whiston

http://lihnn.whisinternet.org/new/Events_Calendar/preview_event.aspx?id=404

LIHNN Visit to the University of Manchester Library

Library Assistant Study Day – Greater Manchester

http://lihnn.whisinternet.org/new/Events_Calendar/preview_event.aspx?id=434

LIHNN C&M Librarians Group, Halton

2-3 July 2013

Cilip Umbrella Conference, Manchester

The Indispensable Healthcare Library, York - Fully booked please e-mail Andrea Guest ([log in to unmask]) to go on the waiting list

Library Assistant Study Day – Cumbria

http://lihnn.whisinternet.org/new/Events_Calendar/preview_event.aspx?id=435

NW Mental Health Librarians Group meeting

The Indispensable Healthcare Library, Manchester - Fully booked please e-mail Andrea Guest ([log in to unmask]) to go on the waiting list

LIHNN Clinical Librarians and Trainers Group meeting, Preston

12-13 Sept 2013

Residential on Influencing skills

Library Managers Meeting

New Starters, HCLU, Wigan

Beginners Critical Appraisal

Intermediate Critical Appraisal

Christmas Study Day

Statistics for Critical Appraisal

Library Managers Meeting – please note change of date

LIHNN Big Day Out

Need a lift to a LIHNN/HCLU event?

We have a list  of colleagues in the NW who are willing to provide a lift to LIHNN/HCLU events. The list was last updated in January 2012. You can access this list at http://www.lihnn.nhs.uk/images/Documents/HCLU/CPD_Events/LIHNN_Transport_List_rev_January_2012.pdf

Back to Contents

*The HCLU bulletin is a weekly(ish) e-mail. The aim is to cut down on the number of e-mails we send to you. If you have any comments or suggestions for things you would like to see in the bulletin then please contact Gil. [log in to unmask]

Back to Contents

Thank you for your co-operation.