From: list for CILIP Mentors [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marion Huckle
Sent: 14 May 2013 11:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Changes to CILIP qualifications

Dear Colleagues

As you know a revised framework of CILIP’s professional qualifications will be introduced later in 2013. There is more information about the new qualifications on our website: http://www.cilip.org.uk/about-us/future-skills-project/Pages/New-framework-of-qualifications.aspx. The revised qualifications will be launched in July at Umbrella and will introduced during the Autumn.  Work is now under way to prepare new guidance documents, support materials etc.

We are now providing information to current candidates and potential candidates with information tailored to their specific circumstances. However, I hope you will find it helpful to know what the general messages are, both to help you in your work and also to share with colleagues who may be interested in Fellowship and/or Revalidation.  Please share this information with other mentors or contacts who you think would find it helpful.

For currently registered candidates the key general messages are:

·         Certification and Chartership: these candidates should keep going but it would be sensible for them to reference the new Professional Knowledge and Skills Base (PKSB) to help review and assess their personal development.

·         Fellowship: keep going.  Candidates may wish to consider using the new Professional Knowledge and Skills Base (PKSB) to review and assess their  personal development.

·         Revalidation: if candidates are likely to complete before September, keep going, but if they are unlikely to submit by then we ask that they contact the office for a discussion.  It is likely that we will advise these candidates to wait for the new style revalidation that will be announced soon.

For those considering registration the key general messages are:

·         Certification and Chartership: members can start, but they will be asked to complete their self-assessment using the PKSB as part of their planning.  We will inform them of the new assessment criteria as soon as they are available and they can then decide which version they wish to follow.

·         Fellowship: Please register as usual, however we will candidates of any revised assessment criteria as soon as they are available and they can then decide which version they wish to follow

·         Revalidation: registration on the 2005 Regulations has closed. These people will be asked to hold fire and submit using new style revalidation. They too may wish to look at the  PKSB

Please be assured that there will be a transition period for all currently registered candidates to ensure they have plenty of time to complete if they continue on 2005 Regulations.  We are doing an depth analysis of the candidate profile to help us prepare the transition plan and develop targeted mailings. We are also maintaining a list of people who would like details of the new qualifications  sent to them once they are available.

We will continue to keep you informed of all developments and share information and documents as they become available. In the meantime please don’t hesitate to refer candidates or potential candidates who contact you about the new qualifications to the CPD Team.

Please get in touch if you have further questions.  If you have received this message in error please let me know so that I can update our records, thank you.

All good wishes

Marion Huckle

Head, Continuing Professional Development, CILIP

www.cilip.org.uk

7 Ridgmount Street, London WC1E 7AE

Tel. 020 7255 0613

cid:image001.jpg@01CE23EC.B5EAC8C0

Find out more at: http://www.cilip.org.uk/umbrella2013/pages/default.aspx

This email and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete the email and any attachments.

Scanned by Infosec Cloud for viruses & spam. www.infosec-cloud.com

http://www.mailguard.com.au

Thank you for your co-operation.