Hi Debbie,

At York we use a bar-code scanner to scan the student's ID card when students come to an appointment with the Maths Skills Centre or Writing Centre, these allow us to also record what type of meeting we had, the time it took and what was discussed in the meeting, as well as the student's relevant details.

Students book their appointment using via an embedded Google calendar on our websites, which I have to admit, is not a very good system, but it does link to the student's own calendar.

Regards,
Madeleine