Good morning all,

Feeling inspired/confident in view of the recent prompt for discussion, the team at Aston have a few questions about monitoring the number of students who visit Learning Development Centres (or equivalents) in your institution(s):

i)                    How do you monitor the number of students who visit your centres? (for example, do any of you use a form of card swiping system?)

ii)                   What are the pros and cons of the systems which you do use?

iii)                 Do you record the number of students who use the various services which you offer?   For example, we have a maths drop in centre and wonder what the most efficient (and least intrusive) way of capturing data on students and their needs is.

iv)                 Many of you will also offer workshops, room bookings and one-one appointments and we are keen to learn about the practical day to day booking systems which you use and similar to the above, whether or not these systems help you capture data.

Any advice, musings and experiences would be welcome.

Thank you in advance,

Debbie De

Learning Advisor

Learning Development Centre