Dear Helen and all,

Here are some journal articles relating to the experiences of international postgrads.  I’m not sure if they necessarily suggest coping strategies, but they do contain students’ comments.

Danov, M. (2011) ‘Teaching international commercial arbitration at postgraduate level – techniques for enhancing students’ learning’ The Law Teacher, 45(1) 101-113.

Guilfoyle, A. (2006) ‘Understanding key dimensions of international postgraduate student transition and learning experiences: a grounded theory approach’ International Journal of Learning, 13(6) 71-78.

Hall, Graham & Wai-Chung Sung, T. (2009) International Journal of Management Education, 8(1) 53-62.

Scheyvens, R., Wild, K. & Overton, J. (2003) ‘International students pursuing postgraduate study in Geography: impediments to their learning experiences’ Journal of Geography in Higher Education, 27(3) 309-323.

All the best

Claire

Claire MacTavish

Academic Guidance Tutor