**With apologies for cross-posting**

In keeping with its mission to fly the flag for practitioner research and its value in underpinning practice, the University of Northampton Department of Library and Learning Services announces its second biennial Research Summer School.

Designed to provide practitioners with the motivation, knowledge and tools to conduct effective research projects, the two day event is aimed at staff in  libraries and learning services who are new to research or would like to brush up on their research skills. Through a mix of talks, practical activities and networking opportunities, the event is a great opportunity to kick start your own research project or share your challenges with others in a similar position.

The programme includes:

·         What is practitioner research and how can I get started?

·         Tools and techniques for data collection (including focus groups, semi-structured interviews and questionnaire surveys)

·         Tools and techniques for data analysis (including analysis of qualitative and quantitative data and the software that can help)

·         Writing up your research

Further information, including the full programme with details of speakers,  is available here: http://tinyurl.com/UN-RSS2013

The cost for one day is £50, or attend both days for £80.  This includes refreshments as shown on the programme but not overnight accommodation.

Please contact Rachel Maxwell ([log in to unmask]) to book your place.

Kate

Kate Littlemore BSocSc (Hons) MSc PGCTHE MCLIP FHEA

Head of the Centre for Achievement and Performance

Library and Learning Services

Student and Academic Services

University of Northampton

Boughton Green Road

Northampton

NN2 7AL

Telephone 01604 893167

Mobile 07896 237818

Email [log in to unmask]

Website http://library.northampton.ac.uk

The University of Northampton joins the global Social Enterprise elite and is the first Ashoka U 'Changemaker Campus' in the UK; recognised for the excellence of our extensive social enterprise, innovation and entrepreneurship provision. See more about this on our website www.changemakercampus.org.uk

The University of Northampton is England’s No. 1 University for employability 2012. 96% of our graduates are in employment or further study six months after completing their courses. See more about this on our website www.northampton.ac.uk/about

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it. We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free. You should undertake your own virus checking. The right to monitor E-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us.