Please withdraw this posting which Peter found hurtful.

Yours aye

John

From: learning development in higher education network [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Cowan, John [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 02 May 2013 16:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Driscoll's three questions

Mm.  Not sure about this, Peter.  It's a neat and succinct summary.  But some of my most creative reflections have begun just from a question rather than analysis of an experience.

I recall an Ed Tech workshop at Bath in 1971.  I was asked about my plans by a man Strum from Monterey.  I launched into an account of well-formulated plans.  He interrupted me:  "John, what's the least effective part of your course for your engineering students?"  Without hesitation I replied that it was what we called tutorials:  "Worked Example classes."  "Why don't you begin there?" he asked, and there was a long silence, then I went off to bed, pondering in deep reflection, and next morning knew I should begin there, and how I should begin.

Yours aye

John