apologies for cross-posting

Hi,
We have taken bookings for this event. Some places are still available, You
may be interested in this experiential workshop which introduces a social
and participative approach to induction and transition.

SharedThinking is a social pedagogy for employability as well as induction,
It may be useful to build resilience and empathy amongst participants while
also addressing aspects of well-being. We also look beyond Tinto to a new
theoretical account of retention.

The event is entitled: "Student-Generated Induction: A Social Identity
Approach." This is taking place in Edinburgh, Scotland on Thursday May 23rd.

This student-generated approach has already been implemented in different
universities. It has also become the new default approach to induction for
one science faculty in Glasgow.

Further details of the workshop are available via the link below. For those
that prefer you can also book online there. Alternatively, a booking form
is also attached for those wishing to be invoiced.

http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/6296477935

Best Wishes,
Nick

Nicholas Bowskill,
SharedThinking
The Social Identity Practice for Learning
Web:http://sharedthinking.co.uk

Nicholas Bowskill is a Kelvin-Smith Scholar at University of Glasgow. He is
lead tutor for SEDA online workshop on Introduction to Educational Change
and an online tutor (Education) at University of Derby. SharedThinking is
an independent consultancy.