From: Christy Wallis, Pyramid Educational Consultants UK Ltd

Pyramid Consultant Post

Pyramid Consultant post to assist the development of PECS and the Pyramid Approach to Education across the UK and internationally.  Pyramid Educational Consultants UK Ltd is a relatively new company (15 years old next year) and a lively, enthusiastic, positive approach is highly valued.  Travelling widely and regularly will be an integral part of the job, so energy, initiative and a spirit of adventure are vital!

Major responsibilities will include:

  • Training:  e.g. talks and one to three-day workshops covering aspects of PECS and the Pyramid Approach to Education.  For further details of the wide range of training workshops offered, see this section on our website www.pecs.com
  • Consultancy work with parents and professionals:  e.g. starting up or extending PECS for a family; developing contracts with schools or LEAs for initial training followed by on-going classroom consultations, intensive programmes and consultancy packages, etc.  For further details of consultancy services offered, see this section on our website.
  • Developing information & resources to support successful implementation of PECS and the Pyramid Approach.

Additional responsibilities:

  • In addition to Termly team meetings in UK, we are part of a worldwide group of Pyramid companies, headed by Dr. Andy Bondy and Lori Frost in USA.  We are in regular contact via emails and phone calls and the aim is to meet on an annual basis, although currently we meet in Philadelphia bi-annually.
  • Research and development; keeping up to date in the field.

Person Specification  (List below = essential requirements for the job):

  • Academic qualifications:  A degree and subsequent experience in relevant field, e.g. teaching, applied behaviour analysis, psychology, autism, speech and language therapy
  • PECS qualifications: Attendance at 2-day PECS workshop is a basic requirement.  There is an established PECS Certification process at Implementers’ and Supervisors’ levels.  Working towards the former will be a requirement, with further training available for successful applicant
  • PECS experience: direct experience of using PECS with a range of students in one or more settings. Our consultants work with a wide variety of professionals and families. We require consultants who bring with them the credibility of hands-on experience in the field
  • Experience of training parents and professionals
  • Experience of consultancy work with individuals and groups
  • Good communication skills, written and oral
  • Good interpersonal skills
  • Ability to work independently and as part of team
  • IT skills, including word processing, PowerPoint, internet/email
  • Flexibility for travel.  Pyramid Educational Consultants UK, Ltd. provides training and consultation worldwide with a workload that may vary considerably, from week to week, across the year. Extensive solo domestic and international travel may be required. Work or travel at night, on weekends, or on bank holidays may also be required.

The Pyramid office is in the centre of Brighton but for this post we will consider applicants from a wider geographical area.  Relocation to Brighton will not be required.

Salary:  depending on experience £30,000 - £35,000, plus company pension and private health care.

Closing date for receipt of applications: 1pm Friday 14th June 2013

Proposed interview date:  Wednesday 19th June 2013 at our offices in Brighton.

Please visit our website www.pecs.org.uk to download an application form.  we do not accept CV’s.

Mrs Christy Wallis

Director of Operations

Pyramid Educational Consultants UK Ltd

Tel: 01273 609555

Fax: 01273 609556

Pyramid Educational Consultants UK Ltd
Registered Office - Queens Park Villa, 30 West Drive, Brighton BN2 0QW

Registered In England No 3658330 www.pecs.com

Icon-1 inch Wait4it - email signature

PECS Phase III and our newest app, Wait4it™, available for Apple devices on the Apple App Store!  Go to www.pecsusa.com/apps.php for more information about PECS Phase III, Wait4it™ and Pyramid's other apps!

http://www.samoachamber.ws/Portals/178/find_us_on_facebook.jpghttp://www.samoachamber.ws/Portals/178/Twitter_button.jpg

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or legally privileged.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.