Dear all,

We are pleased to be able to announce that we have published on the website of our AHRC-funded project on ‘The History of the French Language in Russia’ the first batch of twelve pairs of documents (primary source texts and introductory essays on them) in the corpus we are constructing there.

These documents may be found in the ‘Scholarly resources’ section of the site at http://frinru.ilrt.bris.ac.uk . Click  on Texts/Introductions in the navigation pane in the left-hand margin to access these documents.

This first batch contains the following material (in rough chronological order of the composition of the text in question, from the 1710s to the 1860s):

 We aim to publish at least three further batches of such material at roughly six-monthly intervals during the lifetime of the project, up until autumn 2014.

Gesine Argent, Derek Offord and Vladislav Rjéoutski