Dear All,

we encourage you to submit  an abstract to the following session at
the meeting of the Italian Federation of Geoscience (Geoitalia 2013)
to be held in Pisa, Italy (15-18 September):

“Anatomy of rifting: tectonics and magmatism in continental rifts,
oceanic spreading centres and transforms”

Invited speakers include: Derek Keir (University of Southampton, UK),
Marco Ligi (Ismar-CNR, Bologna, Italy), Eleonora Rivalta (GFZ Potsdam,
Germany)

A description of the section is reported below.

The deadline for receipt of abstracts is 15 June 2013.

Registration and abstract submission:
https://geoitalia2013.cineca.it/php5/author/pres_reg_form.php?SEL_LINGUA=EN

We hope to see you in Pisa in September!

Kind regards,
Carolina Pagli, Francesco Mazzarini, Giacomo Corti

TECTONOPHYSICS - D 1 Anatomy of rifting: tectonics and magmatism in
continental rifts, oceanic spreading centres and transforms
Carolina Pagli, Francesco Mazzarini, Giacomo Corti
Faults and magmatic processes at rift zones and transforms achieve
plate spreading. However the distribution of plate boundary
deformations in space and time, including maintenance of rift
segmentation and development of transform zones is poorly understood.
We invite contributions from studies of continental rifts, ocean
spreading centres and transform zones that aim at determining the role
of magmatism and faulting and their implications for the tectonic
evolution and magmatic architecture of the plate boundary. A broad
perspective that spans rifting processes from initial stages of
lithosperic thinning to ocean spreading is considered. We also welcome
studies that address the distribution and characteristics of magmatic
processes, the creation of the rift and transform morphologies and the
role of tectonic inheritance. A wide range of disciplines from
seismic, structural, morphologic, geodetic, petrologic and geochemical
studies are all invited.

http://www.geoitalia2013.it

--
Dr. Giacomo Corti, PhD