Hello,

I use the following;

No. (following on from the item immediately above) Type of Item,
Description (visual, including photographic ref. no.), Condition
(summary) Provenance (including loan/bequest
instructions) estimated value/rarity, Collection Items (no.s of items/names
of collections particularly relevant to the object).

I would expect to register social history as per the requirements and
interests of the collector within these headings. However, I was advised
early in my career that collections have patterns and themes of interest
and the register should be adjusted to suit the strengths and strands of
a collection where those headings can be used to instruct and advise other
personel with responsibility for accessioning and guide their decision
making.

Hope that helps,

Sarah