Hi - I would recommend reading in detail the original Beckmann TMI 2004 paper - lots of the MELODIC maths is in there.
Cheers.

On 28 May 2013, at 18:15, Alice Biyun Lai <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Experts!

Using MELODIC, I can always get the variance-normalized time courses with or without selecting the variance normalization option.
I'm still not very sure how variance normalization is done. In other words, it's hard for me to understand the statistics(values on y axis, etc.) of these normalized component time courses.
Could anyone help with it?Thanks very much!

--
Regards,
Alice Biyun Lai

Lane Department of CSEE
West Virginia University
Phone:304-906-3466
Email:[log in to unmask]

Associate Director,  Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford  OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve

Stop the cultural destruction of Tibet