Dear FSL users,

Apologies if this is a re-post - I tried to upload an example image of the problem below but it was over 200k.

Our group recently ran melodic on previously pre-processed (using SPM) resting state fMRI data (48 subjects).  We used the following command (both with and without BET subject-specific main structural image registration):

melodic -i .filelist -o groupmelodic.ica -v --nobet --bgthreshold=3 --tr=2.00 --report --guireport=../../report.html --bgimage=bg_image -d 100 --mmthresh=0.75 --Ostats -a concat

We have encountered an issue with the derived components in that many of the thresholded image (on either a mean high-res or standard space background) voxels appear to extend beyond the background image.  I am using the obtained melodic components in another program (DCM) that uses standard space so I would like to get ensure the melodic voxels are also reliably in standard space.

Is this simply a reporting issue or something more problematic that should be fixed?

Cheers,
Matt