I would be interested in your replies as we also have a student whose grandmother has just died and she is due sit GCSE English and think the funeral will be on the same date.

I’m thinking in our case that on applying for special consideration AQA will give her a result based on her submitted coursework and the estimated grade given by the tutor??

Also– if her exam unit result is based on the estimated grade – is there mention made of this on her certificate – that she did not sit the test??

Many thanks

Sue Brennan
Examinations Officer

Hertford Regional College