Of course, the attempted suppression of Dong's research was one of those infamous cases of research suppression from the late 1990s, along with those of Dr David Kern, and Dr Nancy Olivieri that started getting the issue more attention.

See Drummond Rennie's "Thyroid Storm," http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=415402

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM, Amy Price <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Jim,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this information, it is very relevant to all trials registered and all trials reported too. I appreciate the opportunity to finally be able to offer a reasonable explanation. I sensed it was something like this but my efforts  were a dead end with the exception of inflammatory opinion guided communications.

Best Regards,

Amy

From: James Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:02 PM
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Levothyroxine vs Synthroid

I believe the Dong article reports the research discussed in the Zinberg article.
Best regards.

Dong, B. J. (1997). "Bioequivalence of generic and brand-name levothyroxine products in the treatment of hypothyroidism." JAMA 277: 1205.

Zinberg, D. (1996). "A Cautionary Tale." unknown.

How Boots funded research to compare the bioavailability of Synthroid and the generic, then forced the researcher and UCSF to withdraw the report after it had been accepted by JAMA. JMW