Dear colleagues,

Many of you recently participated in a peer review survey and we have sent results to those that requested it and also published results in Accountability in Research – will be out in June 2013. Based on the feedback we got from you, we have implemented a new policy that is now being trialed in our “free access” journal at the Marshfield Clinic, Clinical Medicine & Research.  To assist this phase of the research, if you have any papers that have been both innovative and therefore subject to confirmatory bias and therefore hard to publish, here is your chance to submit via email submission at [log in to unmask]. Instruction to authors are at http://www.clinmedres.org/site/misc/ifora.xhtml and have it contribute to advancement of peer review. Feedback will be posted back on the listserv.

This journal is a new initiative – free access – not open access (author fees) or restricted access (reader fees) and is funded by the Marshfield Clinic as a service to evidence based health care. We aim to target 100 manuscripts in this phase of the peer-review study and your sending in papers for publication will enable us to rapidly complete the peer-review analysis phase at the journal. Each paper submitted will enable us to rapidly conclude this phase of the peer review research. We look forward to receiving your submissions and will let you know once we have reached our 100 target submissions for this phase of the peer-review research. Although we do not yet have an IF, All papers are cited on PubMed and deposited in PubMed Central – and again, this is a new initiative – free access that we hope will bring responsible publishing without financial restrictions to everyone’s reach in the near future.

Suhail