Dear all,

Maybe some of you can help me with the following issue:

We (the students With disability union at the Hebrew University – Israel) are trying to advance the policy idea of a financial fund aimed to support the activities of early career disabled researchers. The motive behind this kind of fund lies in the fact that Israeli disabled young researchers don’t' have any designated legislation and/or policy that aimed to support their needs. We do have a  DDA style legislation that  (try unsuccessfully to ) support  the employee (in this case -faculty members) and the students. The early career disabled researchers falls between two stools; On one hand they are not yet in the position of employee and, but on the other. they have different needs than students (conferences aboard, research grants and etc.).

My request is whether you have any kind of suggestion based on your home country experience: are you familiar with this kind of policy idea of financial fund for disabled young researchers? Do you have any different solution to this issue (national legislation? university based regulations? etc.)?

Any suggestion or reference will be helpful

 Thanks!

 Roni

--
Roni Holler