Dear all,

Regarding the forthcoming conference on Enid Marx and her contemporaries:

I would like to bring to your attention the fact that Enid Marx was one of the members of the British teams (led by Nikolaus Pevsner)

who visited Germany in 1946 in order to collect information on German design.

You may find more about this "secret mission" organized by the British secret services in the book "Geheimreport Deutsches Design",

which I have reviewed for the Journal of Design History.

The review has just appeared on-line as "advance access" publication:

http://jdh.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/04/09/jdh.ept017.short?rss=1

Best wishes

Artemis Yagou

www.yagou.gr

…………………….

Call for Papers

ENID MARX AND HER CONTEMPORARIES: Women designers and the popularisation of ‘folk arts’ in Britain 1920 - 1960.

ONE DAY SYMPOSIUM, COMPTON VERNEY, WARWICKSHIRE on FRIDAY 13 SEPTEMBER 2013

…………………….