For info (apologies for any cross-posting)

From: JISC Managing Research Data Programme [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wilkinson, Caroline
Sent: 10 May 2013 09:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Save the date: JISC-BL DataCite workshop on data metrics, 14th June

Dear all,

Our next workshop is scheduled for Friday June 14th. If you are interested in attending please put the date in your diary – full registration will be open next week.

About the workshop:

Developing effective means of measuring the impact of data publication is essential if data is to become recognised as a first class research output. The field of data metrics is still in its infancy, although both established indexing services and ‘altmetrics’ providers are now offering services which measure aspects of data use and impact.

In this workshop we will look at the role of metrics from the perspectives of various stakeholders and consider whether established means of evaluating the impact of journal articles can be applied equally to datasets and other non-traditional outputs. The role of the DOI as a tool for aiding citation and other measures of impact will also be considered alongside other methods of measurement.

Best wishes,

Caroline

Caroline Wilkinson

Data Management Project Officer

Science, Technology and Medicine
The British Library, 96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB

Tel: 020 7412 7250

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: www.bl.uk/datasets

Mendeley Group: bit.ly/BLdatacitation