BOOK NOW:

STORYVILLE: EXPLORING NARRATIVES OF LEARNING AND TEACHING

The Higher Education Academy's second annual Arts & Humanities conference,

Thistle Hotel, Brighton,
29-30 May 2013.

Dear Colleagues,

Booking is now open for the second Higher Education Academy Arts and Humanities annual conference: Storyville: exploring narratives of learning and teaching.

At the heart of the Arts and Humanities disciplines sit stories - stories which create and recreate worlds, distant and present, stories which inspire and engage, stories which grow imaginations and expand what is thinkable.

The conference is inspired by our belief that stories are also at the heart of our own practice as educators. We hope to explore how narrative intersects with the practice and theory of higher education by telling the stories of how we teach, how our students learn, of our subjects, the stories which inform our teaching - through pedagogy and policy, and the stories we co-create with our students.
From 29-30 May over 125 papers, workshops, roundtables, screenings, guided walks, and posters will bring together those supporting learning and teaching in higher education in the UK and across the globe to share creative and innovative practice.

Keynote speakers:
Dr VICKY GUNN, Director of Learning and Teaching Centre, University of Glasgow Professor;

HAMISH FYFE, Director of the George Ewart Evans Centre for Storytelling, University of Glamorgan;

NIK POWELL, Director, National Film and Television School, London.

Conference fees for 2 day conference including lunch on both days and conference dinner (excludes accommodation):
£200 - colleagues from HEA subscribing institutions;
£300 - colleagues from non-subscribing institutions.

For more information and booking please visit the conference website at http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/events/detail/2013/AH_Conf_13

Please share this message with colleagues who may be interested.

Best wishes
Paul
Dr. Paul Kleiman
UK Discipline Lead for Dance, Drama and Music, The Higher Education Academy
This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us. Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131