Thanks Sophie!

And the "Natural Capital" approach which will be represented by Rosemary Hails can be found here:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/naturalcapitalcommittee/files/State-of-Natural-Capital-Report-2013.pdf

So it will definitely be a lively debate!
Cheers
Margi

Margi Bryant
Doctoral Candidate
Department of Geography
University of Sheffield
Sheffield S10 2TN

On 14 May 2013 13:54, Sophie Wynne-Jones [sxw] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
For those of you who do not know Tom Crompton's work - have a look at
http://valuesandframes.org/the-economics-of-biodiversity-and-why-it-matters/
and the Common Cause report on the same site.

I think you will find his approach to ecosystem services a very refreshing and well-grounded critique and therefore imagine that the RGS-BES event will bring some good debates to the table on this issue.

Cheers

Sophie

Research Associate
Wales Rural Observatory