Dear all,

 I had the very pleasant experience of working in the Behaviour and Practice Research Group at Kingston University last term, and the same good people are advertising a post that may be of interest to some.

Vacancy for Senior Research Fellow/Research Fellow
Behaviour and Practice Research Group
Kingston University

Salary Research Fellow: up to £38,484 per annum
Senior Research Fellow: up to £46,793 per annum
School/Section Behaviour and Practice Research Group, Business School
Fixed Term 6 months in the first instance (August 2013 to January 2014)
Full Time
Vacancy closes on 31st May 2013

The Role
We seek to appoint a Senior Research Fellow or a Research Fellow to take responsibility for the day-to-day running of two qualitative research projects within the Behaviour and Practice Research Group (BPRG), a small and dynamic group of sociologists and social psychologists in Kingston Business School. One of these projects, part of a £1.3m EPSRC study, investigates the cultural, social and organisational factors influencing the adaptive responses of SMEs to flood risk. The second, funded by the EPSRC’s Sustainable Society Network+, explores the impacts of a digital feedback intervention on domestic electricity-consuming practices. The Fellow will be responsible for research design, in-depth interviews, qualitative analysis, reporting and project management. The research is primarily sociological, but also draws on research in social psychology, behavioural economics and social marketing

The Person
Applicants should have a PhD in the social sciences and be able to demonstrate proficiency in in-depth interviewing, qualitative analysis and writing.

The Behaviour and Practice Research Group (BPRG)
The post-holder will be part of the Behaviour and Practice Research Group, a small and dynamic team of researchers and PhD students who apply sociology and social psychology to issues of behaviour and practice in the domains of sustainable behaviour, flood risk and long-term health. The Group offers a stimulating intellectual environment for anyone wanting to explore issues relating to social behaviour and social research methods.
The candidate will be appointed on the scale appropriate to their skills and experience. We would encourage you to contact Dr Tim Harries (020 8417 5036) for an informal discussion.
For further information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.kingston.ac.uk/jobs. Alternatively email [log in to unmask] for an application pack or, if you do not have access to the internet, call the recruitment line on 020 8417 3153, quoting reference 0818. If you are a textphone user, please dial 18001 to access the Typetalk service, followed by 020 8417 3153.