Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 6:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Children's folklore (or related) modules

**Please note that if you press the Reply button to respond to this mailing, it will be distributed to everyone on the Childlore List.  If you want to make a personal reply, you will need to modify the Reply-To line of your message.**

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Please forgive the self-publicity here. Jackie Marsh and I have written a
book *Changing Play: Play, Media and Commercial Culture from the 1950s to
the Present Day* to be published later this year by Open University Press.
As well as the themes which we hope are obvious from the title, it has a
chapter on the history of children's folklore collecting/research in the UK
up to the time of Iona and Peter Opie.

We would like to get the details of the book to as many interested parties
as possible, especially those teaching children's folklore or related
subjects.

If you know of any modules that it might serve as a text book for, I would
be grateful if you could you email me. Off list might be best

[log in to unmask] OR

We need the name of the module and the module leader. If you know when the
course is offered and the approximate number of students it attracts, that
would be helpful but not essential.

Many thanks. I will forward this information to Open University Press.

Best wishes,

Julia