Dear members,
Please see below an e-mail from the BSA communications officer - a call for blog contributions

***

As most of you will know, the BSA is currently undergoing a comprehensive rebrand at the moment which will include the launch of a new BSA website later this year. A key new feature of the site will be the proposed introduction of a dynamic weekly blog (maximum 500 words), which we hope will give Sociology a more prominent voice and help generate more interest in the subject.

Given that the BSA is the sum of its members, we are really keen to hear from anyone who is interested in contributing to the blog, whether it be their thoughts on topical news stories or as way of sharing research with a wider audience.  We’re not just looking for seasoned bloggers either – we want to hear from anyone and everyone who is looking to make a difference and help get people talking about Sociology.

Whilst there are plans to include contributions from BSA Council members, leading professors and invited guests, we really want the blog to be driven by our members. That said, if any of your study group members are interested in contributing and being part of this exciting new phase, please register your interest with me at [log in to unmask] Once we have a group of contributors, I will then send a follow-up email outlining what we are looking for and how to submit your work.

In the meantime, the development of our new website is coming along very nicely and we look forward to sharing our progress with you all in the coming months.

Watch this space!

Lee

Lee Coleman
Communications Officer