That is rather interesting, not least because it seems to initiate a whole new field of research:

     Micro-geometries that inhibit quorum sensing.

I would not be surprised if vast areas (literally) of plant and animal surfaces had evolved to do
precisely that.  Lungs, anyone?

Best wishes

Adrian

Dr Adrian Bowyer