Dear All

Having scanned all of our photographic collection, we now display photos from the collection in our searchroom on our public PCs, but via rather basic means - in Windows folders and using the basic Windows image viewer.

It's not ideal and leads to the possibilities of users copying images onto memory sticks and accidentaly moving or deleting files.

I'm wondering therefore if anyone can recommend a "slideshow" software package you have used or seen in archives / libraries / museums, that allows you to view images only; enables keyword searching; and, if possible, is free.

Many thanks

Steven Davies
Archivist / Archifydd
Flintshire Record Office / Archifdy Sir y Fflint
Tel./Ffôn: (01244) 532414

Opinions advice, conclusions and other information in this

message that do not relate to the official business of

Flintshire County Council shall be understood as neither

given nor endorsed by it or on its behalf, and consequently

Flintshire County Council shall bear no responsibility

whatsoever in respect thereof.

Deellir na fydd unrhyw safbwyntiau, na chynghorion, na

chasgliadau nac unrhyw wybodaeth arall yn y neges hon,

nad ydynt yn berthnasol i waith swyddogol

Cyngor Sir y Fflint, yn cael eu cynnig na'u cadarnhau ganddo

nac ar ei ran, ac felly ni fydd Cyngor Sir y Fflint yn derbyn

unrhyw gyfrifoldeb am y rhannau hynny o'r neges.