Project Archivist 454 CSGR/CSGIE
The Archive Centre, Norwich
£27,052 - £28,636 per annum (Scale I)
37 hours per week
Temporary contract for 12 months

Based in The Archive Centre, Norwich, the Project Archivist's primary role will be to re-catalogue pre-1835 archives of the City of Norwich, which is one of the largest and most complete urban archives in the country. There will also be some opportunity to participate in other work carried out by the archivists' team, including answering enquiries, assisting researchers and contributing to the Norfolk Record Office's outreach programme.  A recognized postgraduate qualification in archive management is essential, as are good palaeographical skills and competence in reading medieval Latin.

We welcome applications from individuals currently working in other organisations, however we would like to make you aware that priority consideration for this post will be given to current employees who are affected by restructure within the organisation or are in a redeployment position.

To view further information regarding the vacancy please click on the link below:

For further details and how to apply:
Online: www.norfolk.gov.uk/jobsandcareers
Please quote job reference: 454 CSGR/CSGIE
Closing date: 22 May 2013

Susan Maddock
Principal Archivist
Norfolk Record Office
The Archive Centre
Martineau Lane
Norwich
NR1 2DQ
Tel: Norwich (01603) 222818/222599
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://archives.norfolk.gov.uk
Join us on Facebook www.facebook.com/norfolkrecordoffice
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/NorfolkRO

A Four-Star Archive Service with a Designated Collection

--

To see our email disclaimer click here <a href="http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/emaildisclaimer">http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/emaildisclaimer</a>