Dear Phaedra,

The National Railway Museum recently launched a list of all railwaymen
who died in World War One.

http://www.nrm.org.uk/RailwayStories/worldwarone.aspx

The list was complied over a number of years using a memorial booklet
from St Paul's Cathedral service, rolls of honour, staff magazines and
information from the Commonwealth Graves Commission (there are links on
the webpage). The site received some good press and we subsequently
added information about people on the list sent to us by the public.

We hope to expand the site in the coming years possibly incorporate
images etc. We have many more monuments and rolls of honour around the
museum that could be incorporated.

I hope this information it useful.

All the best

Alison

Alison Kay
Assistant Archivist
Knowledge & Collections

National Railway Museum
Leeman Road
York YO26 4XJ
t +44(0)1904 686236
nrm.org.uk <http://www.nrm.org.uk>
follow us on twitter@railwaymuseum

A member of the Science Museum Group
The Science Museum Group consists of:
Science Museum, London
Museum of Science & Industry, Manchester
National Railway Museum, York and Shildon
National Media Museum, Bradford