Dear list member,

The STOR-i Doctoral Training Centre is pleased to announce a two-day STOR-i Masterclass at Lancaster University with Professor Anthony Davison (Institute of Mathematics, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne) on 5th and 6th June. Some places are still available for UK-based PhD students.

For the continuing development of STOR-i students’ research knowledge we hold a number of STOR-i masterclasses every year, typically given by visiting international experts in areas of STOR. For more information about STOR-i masterclasses, please visit our website http://www.stor-i.lancs.ac.uk/training/events/masterclasses.

On Wednesday 5th June (10:30-15:00) and Thursday 6th June (9:30-11:30), Professor Davison will give a masterclass entitled Bootstrap Methods and their application. Further details are available on the STOR-i website: http://www.stor-i.lancs.ac.uk/event-info/masterclass2-davison-d1.

As part of our commitment to training we are pleased to offer a limited number of masterclass places to PhD students from UK universities. We also have funding available to cover travel costs (i.e. standard rail costs with student railcard) for a limited number of UK-based PhD students. Please note that we cannot offer reimbursement for accommodation costs.

If you would like to request a place on the STOR-i masterclass, please send an email to [log in to unmask] before 2pm on Monday 3rd June containing:
-          Your name;
-          Institution of study, department and supervisor
-          Title of your PhD;
-          If you wish to apply for funding to cover travel costs, please also provide a short statement (half a page maximum) outlining why attending the masterclass would be beneficial to your studies.

We will inform you by the end of 3rd June whether you have secured a place on the masterclass.

Best wishes,
Jonathan Tawn
Director of STOR-i
http://www.stor-i.lancs.ac.uk/