Dear All,
from my experience it is not random spam.
 It seems the account of Prof. Janghorbani got hacked and this message was
sent to everybody in his address book. This happened to a good friend of
mine once.
In any case, if you transfer money, make sure to speak to the recepient on
the phone first. Just to be safe.

Best,
Stefan