Cultural Heritage Digitisation Ltd
mob: 07562894001
www.culturalheritagedigitisation.co.uk

On 30 May 2013 18:01, HARRIS TONY <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Claire, We don't the Manfrotto, but do have a Foba studio-stand bought secondhand from Teamwork, you could ask them if they have any in or could source a secondhand one? We bought ours for £800. I think they are great and have the advantage that you can't knock them over easily unlike a tripod so do protect your camera gear a little more, but broadly are more flexible than a conventional tripod.
Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: AHFAP, for image professionals in the UK cultural heritage sector [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Claire Batley
Sent: 30 May 2013 16:23
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Salon Stand - do you have one, can we look at it?

Dear All

We are reviewing our digitisation workspace where we have a mounted camera column. In order to provide a more flexible workspace we are currently considering purchasing a salon stand, in particular a Manfrotto 809 Salon 230 (eg http://www.fotosense.co.uk/manfrotto-809-salon-230.html). However, it's a big investment and we would really like to view one before committing to purchasing it.

Does anyone in the London area (we're at Westminster) have one that you would be willing for us to come and look at please?

Also, if anyone has used one and has any good or bad experiences of it then I'd welcome any comments.

Many thanks
Claire Batley
Archivist, Parliamentary Archives, House of Lords, London SW1A 0PW

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisation’s IT Helpdesk.

This email and its contents are the property of the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please delete it.
All DCMS e-mail is recorded and stored for a minimum of 6 months

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.