** APOLOGIES FOR ANY CROSS POSTING **

PLEASE NOTE: Our June Forum session is a re-run of our oversubscribed January session – LAST FEW PLACES NOW BOOKING FOR 6TH JUNE FORUM EVENT

Dear Colleague

JUNE 2013 FORUM EVENT - London, Thursday 6th June 2013 (the day after the Summer Graduate Fair at Olympia)

Theme:  Postgraduate Student Expectations - Meet or Manage: the Marketing Challenge

As with our January session, this Forum has proved very popular and we are now taking final bookings for the last few places, so if you would like to attend but have not already reserved your place, booking as soon as possible is recommended as we will soon be closing the list.  If you have already booked, joining instructions will be sent out after the bank holiday.

In a diverse postgraduate marketplace, with a wide range of students, one of the greatest marketing challenges for Universities is to identify, and then decide what to do about, the equally wide range of student expectations, during the enquiry/application/admissions phase as well as once the student arrives. In a world where communications are so instant, the need for speed often dominates any discussion about meeting student expectations - but should it?  What do postgraduate students really want during the enquiry and application phase and should Universities seek to meet, or manage - or ignore! - those expectations?

At this Forum event we will be presenting the results of our Postgraduate Student Expectations Survey Part 1: the Applications process, and discussing how Universities can most effectively respond to those expectations. We are also very pleased to announce that this Forum will include a session from Jamie O'Connell, Marketing Director at The Student Room, on how social media forms part of this process of identifying and acting on student expectations.

We will also include a student panel, so we can hear from students first-hand what their expectations are and how they would like them to be met through this crucial period, and what impact this has on their decision making.

This session is for all staff involved in the process of attracting postgraduate students and managing their experience through to enrolment: academic and administrative staff involved in marketing, student recruitment, admissions and departmental admin for postgraduate students are likely to be interested.

A provisional programme is given below. As usual, we are offering a reduced rate if you or a colleague from your Department have attended before.

More information on the Forum, costs and an online booking form for this event can be found at:

http://www.postgraduatestudentships.co.uk/pgmarketingforum

We look forward to seeing you at the event.

Best wishes

Jane

Jane Penrose

Director

PostgraduateStudentships, MastersCompare and MyPostgradApps

Tel: 07739 457182

www.MastersCompare.co.uk

www.PostgraduateStudentships.co.uk

www.MyPostgradApps.com

Provisional Programme

9.15 Registration and Coffee

09.45 Introductions

10.00 Postgraduate Student Expectations - Meet or Manage: the Marketing Challenge.  This session will include the results of our PG Student Expectation Survey part 1, the Applications Process

11.15 Key Issues and Questions: small group discussion and structured networking session

12.00 Plenary Discussion and group feedback

12.45 Lunch and informal/themed networking

13.30 Student Panel - intending and current PG student expectations

14.30 Meeting or managing PG student expectations online – Jamie O’Connell, The Student Room

15.30 Group Discussion: what matters, What Works? - information sharing, questions and networking

15.50 What Works? Highlights, Round-up and What Next?

16.00 Close