Thanks for this. I was aware of this program and I was wondering if anyone had any experience of Compass network?

If anyone could share their experiences of the Springboard/Compass that would be welcomed…

James

From: HEEON equal opportunities list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sanchia Alasia
Sent: 08 May 2013 14:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Women and Leadership -

I attach below one of the main programmes we do here:

Springboard - Womens Development Programme

I have developed a positive outlook both at home and work

Delegate from previous workshop.

What is Springboard?

Springboard Women’s Development Programme is an exciting, lively and practical personal development programme that has been specifically developed for women by women.

It is an award winning programme, which enables women to take more responsibility for their own development and realise their full potential, both at work and in their personal lives. The programme encourages each woman to set her own agenda to achieve her own unique goals and ambitions whatever they may be.

Please note, this is a 4 day programme.  Please book yourself on all 4 dates.

What does Springboard involve?

There are 5 key ingredients in the Springboard programme:

Workshops

Springboard is based on four workshops, run over a period of three months and held three to six weeks apart. They give participants the opportunity to meet other women across the university, get support, constructive feedback and establish networks to achieve whatever they set themselves to do.

Workbook

Participants work through their personal workbook in their own time (approx 3 hours a week). The workbook is complemented and supported by the workshops. It is filled with real life examples, practical advice and exercises.

The main topics covered include:

Guest Speakers

At each workshop there will be guest speakers who are women with different backgrounds and careers. They will talk about their job-related and personal experiences and share some tips on how they managed their lives and what they have learned. Their experience and achievements encourage and inspire providing positive role models.

Support Network

A support network of coaching partnerships will be there to support and encourage participants.

Who Should Attend?

Female staff in non-managerial positions

I have increased my confidence and now manage change positively

Delegate from previous workshop.

What can I expect as a result of attending Springboard?

Kind Regards

Sanchia Alasia

Equality and Diversity Manager - Staff

Brunel University

'Diversity reflects us all, equality protects us all'

Internal  X 65577

External 01895 265577