[Apologies for Cross-Posting; Please Feel Free to Forward]

Journal of Religion and Violence

>Dear
Colleague,

>I would like to announce the
publication of a new academic periodical, the Journal of Religion and Violence (ISSN: 2159-6808). The JRV isan interdisciplinary journal devoted to the study of
religion and violence. In addition to publishing analyses of contemporary and
historical religious groups involved in violent incidents, the Journal of Religion and Violence publishes
articles and book reviews on theorists of religious such as René Girard,
sacrifice, terrorism, inter- and intra-religious violence, war and religion,
peace and religion, and religiously-legitimated violence against women.
Academic researchers with interests in these areas are encouraged to submit
articles and book reviews. Please
request that your institutional library subscribe. For more information,
consult our website:

>http://www.academicpublishing.org/JRV.php
>
>Article queries and
submissions should be sent to:
>            James R. Lewis
>

>Book reviews and review
essays should be sent to:
>Henrik Bogdan
>
>If you would like to discuss
possible book reviews or have any questions regarding book reviews, please
contact our Editorial Director, Nicole Ruskell, at [log in to unmask]

>1:1 – Table of Contents
>
>INTRODUCTION
>
>ESSAY
>
>Speaking of Violence
>Faisal
Devji

>ARTICLES
>
>Civil War and the Radicalization of Islam in Chechnya
>Kjersti
Hellesøy

>Apocalyptic Scapegoats
>Maria Leppäkari
>
>Christianity and Revolution:
>Catholicism and Guerrilla
Warfare in Argentina’s Seventies
>Enzo Gustavo Morello
>
>States of Exception:
>The Violence of Territoriality, Sacrality, and
Religion in China-Tibet Relations
>Michael
J. Walsh

>Sects and Violence:
>The “Standard Model” of New Religions
Violence
>James
R. Lewis

>1:2 – Table of Contents
>
>SPECIAL ISSUE: René Girard’s Mimetic Theory and its Contribution to the
Study of Religion and Violence

>Introduction
>Wilhelm
Guggenberger and Wolfgang Palaver

>Religion and Violence:
A Girardian Overview
>Nikolaus Wandinger
>
>René Girard and Raymund Schwager on Religion, Violence, and Sacrifice:
New Insights from Their Correspondence
>            Mathias Moosbrugger
>
>Taming
Violence
>Wilhelm
Guggenberger

>Terrorism versus
Non-Violent Resistance
>            Wolfgang
Palaver

>The Power of the
Zealots: Religion, Violence, and International Relations
>            Jodok Troy
>
>Modernity as
Revelation: René Girard’s Imagination of the Worst
>            Stephen L.
Gardner