Call for papers:
Gender in NeoPagan and Native Faith Movements in Central and Eastern Europe

7-9 March 2014

Krakow, Poland

This will be the fifth conference in the Krakow "Neopagan and Native Faith Movements in Poland and CEE" series. In 2014 we are very pleased to welcome the CPASE (Contemporary Pagan and Alternative Spirituality in Europe) academic network and the Department for the Study of Religions at Masaryk University in Brno (Czech Republic) as partners.

Conference theme: In 2014 we would like to focus on questions of gender in the Native Faith and Neopagan traditions of Central and Eastern Europe. Gender has been widely discussed in the context of Anglophone Contemporary Paganism (especially Wicca and Pagan Witchcraft), but relatively little has yet been written about the questions of gender in this local context. Topics could include male-only or female-only rites, gender-related initiations and rites of passage, normative paradigms of gender relations within Native Faith, family roles, sexuality, marriage, the acceptance or rejection of LGBT perspectives, women as leaders in their communities, etc. (Other topics will be considered, although we will give preference to those that contribute to the suggested conference theme.)

Conference language: English

Deadline for abstracts: 4 November 2013

Contact: Scott Simpson [log in to unmask]

The 2014 conference will be held in the facilities of the Faculty of the Humanities of the AGH University of Sciences and Humanities in Krakow, Poland.

Please note that further announcements will be made with more details. We are still setting up the website for the conference at this time.