Dear Angela,

Laura Pugsley finished a PhD on this at Cambridge in 2002. It was a pretty good study, using CT - which is generally recognised as the most accurate methodology - on a decent sample of 5 wild boar and 6 domestic pigs.

Unfortunately Laura left archaeology before publishing the study and as far as I know never made an electronic copy of her thesis available (I checked with her supervisor a few months back and he doesn't have one). However, I copied out some of her density data to use in my own thesis a few years back and should be able to dig a summary table out to send to you (or anyone else interested). I'm sure Laura wouldn't mind them being used, provided that they're properly cited.

The reference is:
Pugsley, L. 2002. Exploitation Patterns: food utility and bone mineral density indices for wild
and domestic pigs. Unpublished Ph.D. thesis, University of Cambridge.

Best,
David