On Thursday 04 April 2013 10:27:26 you wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Ruisheng Peng <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > Thanks for the quick reply.
> >
> > On Thursday 04 April 2013 09:53:35 you wrote:

> > > The good news is that this does really work as I am using Mountain Lion
> > > with Starlink.

> > buildsupport/bin]

> > > What's your motivation for the disable shared option? I have to admit
> >
> > that
> >
> > > I've never tried to build the whole of Starlink with this option
> > > enabled.
> >
> > it's just a "phobia" for library pollution from various components that
> > came
> > with starlink as I have both MacPorts and Fink going already, and am not
> > looking to install any other components in the starlink package.
>
> I'm wondering if the GAIA linking is having trouble with the request for
> static linking.
>
> > > Which compilers are you using?
> >
> > gfortran4.8 downloaded from MAC OS HPC site
> > gcc 4.2.1 that came with Xcode
>
> I use clang and clang++ but old gcc should be fine.

> > > As a quick test can you see if
> > >
> > >  make /usr/local/star/manifests/hdstrace
> > >
> > > works and you get a functioning hdstrace in /usr/local/star/bin ?
> >
> > yes, it works:
> >
> > # ls -l /usr/local/star/bin/hdstrace
> > -rwxr-xr-x      1       root    wheel   1067684 Apr     4       10:08
> > /usr/local/star/bin/hdstrace
> >
> > > Have you installed Xquartz?
> >
> > yes.
>
> Does startcl install ok?

yes, it says startcl is uptodate.

> Can you give me the actual error from the build?

I've attached both config.log and gaia_build.log.  Error messages start from
line 251 in gaia_build.log.

  Thanks,

--Ruisheng

----
Starlink User Support list
For list configuration, including subscribing to and unsubscribing from the list, see
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=STARLINK