I've been asked to circulate the following message:

*The 2013 Bevan Prize for Health and Wellbeing*

 The Bevan Foundation is delighted to announce the inaugural Bevan Prize
for Health and Wellbeing.

The Prize will be awarded in recognition of an individual and group or
organisation in any part of the United Kingdom who have made an outstanding
contribution to health and well being in their field in the past year (1st
January 2012 – 31st December 2012), who promote the founding values of the
National Health Service, i.e. comprehensive treatment, within available
resources; universal access, based on need; and services delivered free at
the point of delivery and work to ensure equality of access and equality of
health outcomes.

They are seeking nominees from a wide range of backgrounds. Nominees could
include health care practitioners and professionals; scientists, academics
or researchers; authors, journalists or bloggers; voluntary and support
groups; or campaigners or activists.
Nominations<http://www.bevanfoundation.org/2013/03/the-2013-bevan-prize-for-health-and-wellbeing/bevan-prize-nomination-form/>
are
now open via the Bevan Foundation website until 30th April 2013.

Entries will be adjudicated by their panel: Prof Sir Mansel Aylward, chair
of Public Health Wales; Geoffrey Goodman, past Chairman and now honorary
Vice-President of the Aneurin Bevan Society; and Jaselle Williams, Bevan
Foundation trustee.  The prizes (one recognising an individual and one
recognising an organisation or group) will be awarded in London in July in
conjunction with the 65th anniversary of the National Health Service.

We look forward to celebrating the achievements of individuals and
organisations from across the UK who are working hard to protect and
promote the ethos behind the National Health Service, one of our best loved
national institutions.

We hope you will help to spread the word to relevant organisations and
individuals in your area who could participate in this prestigious award.

For more information please visit the Bevan Foundation
website<http://www.bevanfoundation.org/events/the-2013-bevan-prize-for-health-and-wellbeing/>
.

Alternatively, you can contact Anne-Marie Carpenter at the Bevan Foundation
on 0845 180 0441.

--
Caroline Glendinning ACSS
Professor of Social Policy

The Social Policy Research Unit has an international reputation for
excellence in research in key areas of social policy, especially
disability, social work, health and social care, children and young people,
poverty, welfare and employment. Read about our research and download
publications from: www.york.ac.uk/spru

Winner of the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Further and Higher Education
2009 <http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/spru/news/qap.html>

Email disclaimer http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm

Please note I work part-time; my normal working days are Tuesday -
Thursday.