This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. --------------- > On 17 Apr 2013, at 14:23, "Briony Hudson" <[log in to unmask]> > wrote: > >> Dear All >> >> As you all know, the firstBASE editorial committee along with your >> good selves are continuing to add new content to the re-launched >> firstBASE. >> >> One of the areas which the committee are very keen to add to the >> site is (links to) film clips showing traditional skills being >> used. Our thinking is that seeing a cooper, for example, using his >> tools to make a barrel will help you to understand both the tools >> and process so much more than an information sheet or book could >> ever manage. >> >> The committee, led by Steph Mastoris, has produced an initial wish >> list of film clips that we think would be most helpful - please >> find it attached. >> >> What we are now trying to do is track down any existing footage >> from the list. And this is where you come in. If you have film >> showing any of the listed activities in your collections, or know >> where we might find it, we'd love to hear from you. We are already >> looking at holdings at regional film archives and more generally on >> the internet, but we are sure that there is some really good stuff >> sitting in collections across the country, so please let us know! >> >> Please could you respond to me with any information or leads by >> Tuesday 30th April. And if you are able to provide URLs for film >> clips and information about copyright, so much the better. >> >> Many thanks >> >> Briony >> >> on behalf of the firstBASE editorial committee >> >> >> >> >> >> > The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST