From: Bob Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:06:45 +1000
Subject: Tyre research
To: [log in to unmask]

I am seeking assistance to identify references to research undertaken in the
last 5 or 6 years comparing the pavement effects of wide single tyres with
conventional dual tyres.

In Australia, a full scale ALF test was undertaken comparing the deformation
of a 445/50R22.5 tyre with a dual set of 11R22.5 tyres.  The results are
shown below.

I would be pleased to receive information about similar tests or research in
countries other than Australia.

Bob Pearson

PTRC Australia

Email: [log in to unmask]

            International Forum for Road Transport Technology

                    www.road-transport-technology.org