Born Digital Archival Materials at NYPL: An Interview with Donald Mennerich | The Signal: Digital Preservation

Donald has been processing born digital materials in New York Public Library’s Manuscripts and Archives Division for a year now and I thought readers would find it interesting to learn a bit about the kinds of born digital archival work he has been up to.

Trevor: Have you come across anything particularly exciting or surprising in processing born digital materials?

Donald: Honestly it’s all pretty exciting to me. It’s exciting to see applications running again, documents readable again, games playable again. Digital collections can provide a challenge of working at a scale though that doesn’t really have an analog when compared to working with traditional paper-based archives. So we’re constantly re-thinking what the ‘processing’ strategies are to make things accessible as efficiently as possible.

http://1.usa.gov/17eMrPK

Source: http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2013/04/born-digital-archival-materials-at-nypl-an-interview-with-donald-mennerich/?utm_source=feedly
See if people are clicking on this link: http://1.usa.gov/17eMrPK+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web: http://bitly.com/pages/sidebar