Maria, isn't 'ch' standard Neo-Punic orthography in Latin script, even in initial positions (Krahmalkov 2001 p.22)? Doesn't that, in conjunction with the Greek, suggest that the Phoenician spelling (like the Hebrew spelling) is hiding a richer (or at least altered) phonology, at least by Hellenistic times? The same Greek spelling also appears in the Septuagint.

John Leake
Open University